What our Education Programme has to offer ...
Alongside the youth work sector of the organisation, we also offer alot of different courses to schools. These include training courses such as Citizenship, PREFECT traning, Dance Skills, Band Skills, Drama, First Aid, Drugs Awareness, DJ Skills, Internet Safety, etc.
We also offer FREE Level 1 and Level 2 courses in community Relations & Citzenship (drugs and alcohol, human rights, child protection, youth leadership, etc) We can also offer OCN Level 2 Prefect Training.
OCN LEVEL 1 & LEVEL 2 ACCREDITED CITIZENSHIP IN SCHOOLS - Draft Schedule
- Positive and Negative Citizentship
- Local Issues and Global Issues
- Community Memories
- Labels and Stereotypes
- This Part of the Word Video
- Divisive and Unifyinf Issues (Local and Global)
- Symbols (Personal/Cultural/Global) Symbols Quiz
- The Media
- Our Past/Our Future
- Cultural Traditions
- Testing Times Quiz (History and Recent Politics)
- Political Parties and Structures
- Drugs/Alcohol Awareness - Signs & Symptoms, The Law, Leah Betts Video
- Youth Rights (At What Age/Human Rights Debate/Anti-Social Behaviours)
OCN LEVEL 2 PREFECT AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- Personal and International Role Models
- Positive & Negative Leadership
- Drugs Awareness
- Prefect Codes of Conduct
- Social Awareness & Referral Organisations
- Producing a Prefect Handbook
- Facilitating a Primary School Fun Session
- Team-Building Sessions
- Social Awareness Cafe - Students go arounf 6 tables at which community facilitators outline their services and support for young people.
- Visit The Guildhall or Debate with Public Representatives